Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Where Have all the Good Writers Gone?

 I turn the page of my current novel I’m reading.  It’s an okay book but there isn’t many good books out right now. I’m thinking to myself, “where have all the good writers gone?”  There doesn’t seem to be any good fiction writers around right now. But in a month or so, a wave of really good books will come out and I won’t have time to read them all.  I’m waiting for a certain book right now. It’s the forth book in the Inheritance Cycle.  I have read Eragon, Eldest, and Brisinger. The first one was the best and Eldest was a little on the slow side and Brisinger, too many politics. I don’t want to be a spoiler so I’m not going to say any more. All I have to say is that they are amazing books with an amazing plot.  The book should come out around september next year. That seems like forever!!

There are books so alive that you're always afraid that while you weren't reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away.  No one has stepped twice into the same river.  But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?  ~Marina Tsvetaeva

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the next Eragon book, either! I just hope that Eragon doesn't act like an idiot. :P
    ~Angela/Chanterelle

    ReplyDelete