Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kids of the LORD

“It’s my Turn!’ A kid yells at me during games time and she jumps up and down. Right now I’m an youth leader at a youth program called “Awana”.  This is a place were kids from kindergarden to grade 8 can come and learn, serving the Lord and having fun while doing it.    When I go to Awana to help out as a youth leader for the kindergardeners, they love it when I tell them stories about God.
When the kids are sitting on their line, singing to god and dancing in joy, my heart is happy.  Even though the kids can be a real pain, I still love them.

Children are contemptuous, haughty, irritable, envious, sneaky, selfish, lazy, flighty, timid, liars and hypocrites, quick to laugh and cry, extreme in expressing joy and sorrow, especially about trifles, they'll do anything to avoid pain but they enjoy inflicting it:  little men already.  ~Jean de La Bruyère, Les Caractères, 1688

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent to read about. I'm glad you are serving.

    ReplyDelete