Popular Posts

Monday, December 13, 2010

God Forbid- A poem

Alright, I would REALLY like some feedback on this one.



The whip lashed my back
It gashed my skin
It lashed at my heart
It scared my love
Air burned my lungs
It burned my feelings

I screamed for mercy
I screamed for life
I yelled for love
I wanted it to come

I shuddered as lights flickered
I shook and my heart pounded
I gasped for clean air
But none came to meet my lungs
I flinched at round two

God forbid

Again It lashed out with leather throng
Again It burrowed deep in my skin
Again I screamed, yelled and called out for help
But none came
I heard the number 32 to go

Thirty two more scars for life
Thirty two more reminders
Thirty two lashes to bear
Thirty two more agonizing cuts

I trembled with fear
The leather bit again 
With its soaked red handle
Drops of my life flew carelessly around
They splattered on my face

God forbid

My nails tore at the wood
My teeth ripped the cloth
I arched my back 
Trying to free myself
From this fate
That I cannot escape

No more! 
I cried
Please stop!
I yelled
I am innocent!
My voice echoed 
On the dark walls

I felt a shove on my back
My throat slammed the wood
I coughed from deep down
Trying to rid myself of pain
But it only brought more

God forbid

Raw skin burned like fire 
My body racked with pain
I was kicked and beaten
Broken from the inside out
What more was left?

I shuddered
I looked up with glassy eyes
Tears stung my face
I collapsed on the ground

I was dragged away
Into a dark room
Men’s voices filled the room
They surrounded my bloodied self
They grabbed at my sore body

God forbid

I woke up, unable to move
I felt so dirty and unclean
What had they done?
I am pure no longer.
What am I now…

I cried
I sobbed
I wanted to die
I am unclean
Forever more
Why me? I mumbled
Who cares? I thought
I am hated
I am scorned
No love left for me.

God forbid

Then I felt a hand
Cool and smooth
Lift my bloodied chin
Kind eyes met mine
I looked away, ashamed

Then I sobbed
I shook
I wanted it to end
More tears wet my face
But they were not my own

God looked upon me
His eyes filled with tears
He stroked my hair
And hugged me tight
He loves me so much

God loves. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great! Normally I think poetry is boring, but I liked that!

    ReplyDelete